FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Bodega Taco Bar will host a Dia de Los Muertos, or "Day of the Dead," event Nov. 2 in honor of this Mexican holiday.
While it may sound a bit macabre, the day actually is met with great joy as families gather to welcome the souls of the departed on their annual visit home.
Likened to the spirited mayhem that ensues on Hallow’s Eve, Bodega’s Dia de Los Muertos party will take place at its locations in Darien and Fairfield.
Each location will be ghoulishly decorated and eerily transformed, and both will offer activities, food and drink specials including:
- Lunch-time face painting and tattoos for the kids.
- Festive food specials honoring the deceased all week.
- Traditional sugar skull decorating demonstration.
- Special cocktails, featuring Espolon Tequila.
- Late-night party with live music
Bodega Taco Bar Fairfield is at 1700 Post Road and Bodega Taco Bar Darien is at 980 Post Road.
For more information, go to www.bodegatacobar.com.