The land at 3611 Post Road in Southport sold for $1 million.
The buyers are Jason and Paula Garelick of Garelick & Herbs. They plan to build a 4,000-square-foot-plus freestanding building for their specialty food store and market. Garlick & Herbs also has stores in Greenwich, Westport and New Canaan.
The half-acre site along Route 1 is zoned for designed commercial, allowing a number of retail and commercial uses. The traffic count in that part of Route 1 exceeds 24,000 cars per day, according to the Connecticut Department of Transportation.
Ralph Michel, senior vice president of HK Group, and Franco Fellah, executive vice president, announced the sale.
The sellers were represented by attorney Reynolds Gordon of Gordon & DeNicola of Bridgeport. The buyers were represented by attorney Bryan LeClere of Berchem, Moses & Devlin of Milford.
HK Group is a full service commercial real estate firm started in 1988.
- 1 Woman Struck, Killed By Metro-North Train Near South Norwalk Station
- 2 Winter Weather Advisory Canceled For Northern Fairfield County
- 3 Elderly Woman Mauled By Dog Dies At Bridgeport Hospital
- 4 Fairfield Police: Burglars Took Jewelry From Round Hill Road Home
- 5 Thousands Charged To Fairfield Woman's Stolen Credit Cards