DANBURY, Conn. -- Fun times will snap into place for kids and adults alike as the newest store at the Danbury Fair Mall throws open its doors to Lego lovers.
The new Lego store opened Friday, the first store in Connecticut for Lego, which has its U.S. headquarters in Enfield.
The new Lego store is on the upper level near the Microsoft store.
“Our store at Danbury Fair Mall will enhance our consumers’ overall Lego brand experience through product variety, store design and regular hands-on family events,” says Eric Wolfe, vice president of the Lego Group. “Children and families will be able to experience first-hand and hands-on the creativity and imagination that goes into Lego building and be inspired by the over 4 million Lego bricks that are in the store at any given time.”
Officials with Danbury Fair Mall are excited to welcome the new store.
"Lego is very popular," said Melissa Eigen, senior marketing manager for the Danbury Fair Mall. "We keep a log of requested stores and keep track of the pulse of what people are interested in seeing at the mall. A Lego store has been one of our top requests for some time."
The new store features a kid-chic design, innovative displays and consumer-friendly play areas that deliver an engaging, entertaining and fun experience for families of all ages.
It also offers a huge assortment of product, covering nearly every square inch of space. The store includes the following:
- The “Pick-A-Brick Wall,” by far the most popular store feature according to Lego officials, offers the option to hand pick and purchase specific Lego bricks and elements in a variety of colors and shapes in bulk.
- The “Living Room” is an interactive play area in the center of the store, giving consumers a chance to get “hands-on, minds-on” with Lego products.
- The “Brand Ribbon” runs the circumference of the store, featuring Lego model displays, company history and fun facts to entertain guests.
A full selection of Lego products and branded merchandise is for sale for children ages 2 and up, including Lego Duplo sets, toys based on the new feature film "The Lego Movie" and other themes as well as Legos in every style, size and color.
“Children and families will be able to experience first-hand and hands-on the creativity and imagination that goes into Lego building and be inspired by the over 4 million Lego bricks that are in the store at any given time,” Eric Wolfe, vice president of the Lego Group, said in a statement.
For the official grand opening next month, Lego fans are invited to a huge Lego-building event. Customers can help a "Lego Master Builder" construct an 8-foot tall model of the Hulk out of Lego bricks.
The event will be at the center court of the mall. Here are the hours and dates:
- Friday, April 4: 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Saturday, April 5: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Sunday, April 6: 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
During those days, the first 300 people each day to make a qualifying purchase at the Lego Store and receive one of these giveaways:
- Friday, April 4: free collectible LegoT-Shirt with a $50 purchase
- Saturday, April 5: Free limited-edition Lego store set with a $75 purchase
- Sunday, April 6: Free exclusive Lego Minifigure Set with a $50 purchase
Offers valid while supplies last only. Limit one per transaction.
Lego will also be opening a second store later this spring in Connecticut at the Westfarms mall in West Hartford.
Lego Systems Inc. is the North American division of the Lego Group, a privately held, family-owned company based in Billund, Denmark. Visit the virtual Lego world at www.Lego.com.
- 1 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Fairfield
- 2 Keep An Eye On Your Purse; Fairfield Police Show How Easy It Is To Steal
- 3 Rollover Accident Cleared From Merritt Parkway Near Fairfield
- 4 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 5 Fairfield Man Arrested On DUI, Narcotics Charges After Running Red Light