FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- Fairfield's Sullivan McKinney Elder Housing Apartments recently received $150,000 from Santa Energy Corp.
The funding comes from the Housing Tax Credit Contribution Program offered by the Connecticut Department of Revenue Service administered through the Connecticut Housing Finance Authority. The apartments are located at 224 Meadowbrook Road in Fairfield.
The contribution from Santa Energy supplements a HUD Green Retrofit Grant, a HUD mortgage refinancing and Community Development Block Grants through the Town of Fairfield. The first three grants provided for a comprehensive energy efficiency upgrade to HVAC systems, renovation and modernization of the facility’s building envelope and apartments and community room finishes.
Santa Energy’s contribution will be used as a source of funds in the fourth phase of construction which is expected to start in the spring, according to a release. The work is set to include the expansion of the existing parking lot, exterior drainage, apartment cabinets and countertops.
- 1 Police: Husband Beat Up 21-Year-Old Fairfield Man Hitting On His Wife
- 2 Boy Reports Suspicious Incident With Car In Fairfield Parking Lot
- 3 Woman Killed By Amtrak Train In Milford
- 4 Police: No Suspects In Bomb Threat Made At Seagrape, Inn At Fairfield Beach
- 5 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire