NORWALK, Conn. -- The Connecticut Office of Healthcare Access has given the go-ahead for Danbury Hospital and Norwalk Hospital to merge, according to thehour.com.
The merger will allow all three hospitals--New Milford Hospital is also included in the merger--to save millions in expenses over the coming years with decreases in salaries and benefits as well as savings in supply and drug costs, thehour.com reported.
The approval of the Certificate of Need Application will bring all three under the auspices of Western Connecticut Health Network Inc.
- 1 Bear Tranquilized, Captured After Romp In Fairfield
- 2 Former Fairfield University Basketball Player ID'd In Fatal Shooting
- 3 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 4 Fairfield Bear Cub Is Adjusting To New Home In The Wild
- 5 Fairfield Police Assist In Tracking Down Shoplifting Suspects In Westport