NORWALK, Conn. -- The Connecticut Office of Healthcare Access has given the go-ahead for Danbury Hospital and Norwalk Hospital to merge, according to thehour.com.
The merger will allow all three hospitals--New Milford Hospital is also included in the merger--to save millions in expenses over the coming years with decreases in salaries and benefits as well as savings in supply and drug costs, thehour.com reported.
The approval of the Certificate of Need Application will bring all three under the auspices of Western Connecticut Health Network Inc.
- 1 Hwang, Fawcett Clash On Same-Sex Marriage At Fairfield Debate
- 2 Power Outages Restored In Fairfield After Storm
- 3 NYC Doctor Is First Person In The Tristate Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 4 Fairfield Police Charge Norwalk Man With Trashing His Kids' Home
- 5 Fairfield Urges Residents To Be Prepared, Sign Up With CodeRED