BRIDGEPORT, Conn. -- United Congregation Church will host a Cornbread Cookoff this weekend.
"If you think you think you have the best cornbread, come share your cornbread recipe for a good cause and enjoy Mother’s Day weekend," said a press release.
Judges for the competition will include Michel Nischan, founder of Wholesome Wave; James Beard, author and restaurant owner; Cheryl Carlesimo, TV producer and food writer; Sam Garwin, general manager of Craft Butchery; and Remy Feldman, owner/baker at Sustainable Indulgence.
Entrants are asked to bring their own tablecloth along with the tastiest cornbread and enough to share. The Cornbread Cookoff is to benefit The Center for Family Justice in Bridgeport.
The competition will be held from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, May 10, at the United Congregation Church at 877 Park Ave. in Bridgeport.
- 1 Police Track Down Suspect After Southport Residents Interrupt Home Burglary
- 2 Connecticut Report Cites Missed Opportunities To Help Sandy Hook Shooter
- 3 Happy Birthday To Fairfield’s Tina Weymouth
- 4 Snow Threatens Fairfield County On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 5 Malloy: Avoid Travel Wednesday Due To Storm