STAMFORD, Conn. -- Though she may have pinstripes in her blood, Darien teenager Grace Cashman will be focusing on the colors of the rainbow as she takes on the iconic role of Dorothy in Curtain Call's upcoming production of "The Wizard of Oz," playing in The Kweskin Theatre in Stamford. The show runs from April 4 through May 3.
Cashman, daughter of Yankees General Manager Brian Cashman, was recently seen as the ghostly apparition, Fruma Sarah, in "Fiddler on the Roof." She has also had roles in "The Goodbye Girl," "Annie" and "Annie Warbucks," the latter two in the title roles.
"It has been great watching Grace grow as a performer over the past four years," said Lou Ursone, Curtain Call's executive director and producer for this event. "She is such a gem to work with and I am thrilled that she is getting to go over the rainbow to Oz."
Curtain Call’s production of the legendary show is directed by Stamford resident Kari Ann Sweeney with music direction by Daniel M. Gibson and features the choreography of Julia Maggiola of Norwalk. Set design is by Peter Barbieri Jr. of Fairfield, who is also Curtain Call’s associate artistic director, and costumes are by Deborah Runnestad of Norwalk. This full-scale production is presented by Northwestern Mutual with additional support from The CT Office of the Arts, in cooperation with the City of Stamford.
The film was based on the L. Frank Baum’s book, "The Wizard of Oz," while this stage adaptation was done by John Kane for The Royal Shakespeare Company in 1987.
Joining Cashman in her adventures over the rainbow are:
- Stamford – Eli Brennan, Emmy Brennan, Joe Caputo, Kristina Delelle, Grace DeLoe, Tommy DeSalvo, Lola Duhov, Sabina Farley, Natasha Fenster, Scott A. Ferrara, Brendan George, Beth Jackson, Michael Kraus, Alyssa Morrin, Rob Nichols, Nina Paolini-Rota, Kathryn Priscott, Caitlin Reynolds, Elizabeth Riordan, Lila Robotti, Zoe Smith, Nicole Tehrani; Emma Valerio,
- Norwalk – Sean Tyler Allen, Jeff Bianco, Jacquie Carlsen, Rachel Kadlick, Sarah Kadlick; Mia Secko, Kevin Thompson;
- Darien - Cashman, Colleen Cassidy, Katie Huffert, Lindsay Martin, Kristina Mitchell, Evelyn Sload;
- Fairfield– Jim Hisey;
- Southport – Steve Benko;
- Greenwich/Old Greenwich – Jack Smalls and Lauren Mickley;
- Stratford – Nora Watson;
- Trumbull - Kaylin Weller;
- Westport- Daniela Sawyer;
- Pound Ridge, N.Y. - Daniel Charles Feldman;
- South Salem. N.Y. - Madeline Galgano.
Performances are Friday and Saturday evenings at 7:30 p.m. Saturday and Sunday matinees at 2 p.m. will be offered on April 6, 12, 13, 19, 26, 27, and May 3. There are also two Thursday evening shows at 7:30 p.m. April 24 and May 1.
Tickets are available through the box office at 203-461-6358 x34 or online at www.curtaincallinc.com. Prices for all performances are $29 for adults, $22 for senior citizens and $14.50 for students and children.
- 1 Two Students From Fairfield Warde Seriously Injured In Midday Car Crash
- 2 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 3 Judge Orders Sex Assault Trial For Ex-Fairfield Teacher
- 4 Severe Thunderstorm Watch In Effect For Fairfield County
- 5 Severe Thunderstorm Watch Is In Effect In Fairfield