EASTON, Conn. -- The Easton Fireman’s Carnival rolls into town next week, with food, games, bumper cars and more for the whole family to enjoy in the summer's biggest event.
The annual carnival, held by the Easton Volunteer Fire Co. No. 1, runs from Tuesday, July 29, to Saturday, Aug. 2. It will be set up on the green in front of the Easton Fire House on Center Road.
Free parking will be available at Helen Keller Middle School with a free shuttle bus to the carnival grounds.
Games and bingo will from from 6:30 p.m. to 11 p.m. each day. Rides will run from 6 p.m. to 11 p.m. each day. Fairgoers can ride the rides all night for one price, with rides appropriate for all ages, including a kiddie area.
Rides by Stewart Amusements of Trumbull might include the following:
- Bumper Cars - The favorite of every budding demolition-derby driver;
- The Ali Baba - Swing up and around on a flying carpet;
- The Cliff Hanger - Soar through the air on a hang glider;
- Rip Cord - Get lifted high in the air and plummet to the ground to a sudden soft landing; and
- lots of kiddie rides.
There will also be a bingo tent and a dessert tent. This is the 79th year for the family event.
The carnival serves as the primary fund-raiser for the Easton Volunteer Fire Department. As part of the fundraising, a 2014 Mustang will be raffled off. The $25 tickets can be purchased from any volunteer firefighter or online.
- 1 Police: Husband Beat Up 21-Year-Old Fairfield Man Hitting On His Wife
- 2 Boy Reports Suspicious Incident With Car In Fairfield Parking Lot
- 3 Woman Killed By Amtrak Train In Milford
- 4 Police: No Suspects In Bomb Threat Made At Seagrape, Inn At Fairfield Beach
- 5 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire