FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- The annual Donnelly Dash set for Sunday, April 10, remembers Tim and Kim and Tim Donnelly, a couple killed in their Fairfield jewelry store, in 2005.
Participants may join a 3.5-mile run or 1.8-mile walk, and there will be a Kids Fun Run.
Proceeds will benefit such local charities as Greater Bridgeport Youth Orchestra, Groundwork of Bridgeport, the Fairfield Police Explorers, and Fairfield Police Scholarship Fund.
The following is the registration/event schedule:
- 7:45 a.m.: Race, Walk, Kids Fun Run registration
- 8:30 a.m.: Kids Fun Run hosted by GBYO begins on track.
- 9:00 a.m.: 1.8-mile non-competitive, self-timed walk begins
- 9:10 a.m.: Race registration ends.
- 9:15 a.m.: 3.5-mile race starts.
- After run/walk: Refreshments will be served, with awards to follow.
The following are the costs to enter:
- By midnight Thursday, April 7: $25
- No pre-registration will be available after Friday, April 8
- Student pricing: $15
- Over 70: free
- Kids Fun Run: $10
- Race day cost to enter: $30
The Donnellys, both 52, were killed Feb. 2, 2005. Christopher DiMeo was sentenced in 2011 to life in prison for the slayings. His accomplice in the robbery, Nicole Pearce, died in 2011 of cervical cancer.
After the tragedy, Marty Schiavone, Tim's friend - both were runners and on the same racing team - started the race to remember Kim and Tim.
Click here to register.
The race location is Tomlinson Middle School, 200 Unuowa Road, Fairfield.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.