FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- The town of Fairfield, in collaboration with the Fairfield Museum and History Center, the Fairfield Chamber of Commerce and the Fairfield Theatre Company, will present the inaugural Fairfield Family Fun Fest on Saturday, July 5 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m on the Town Green.
The one-day open-air festival event will feature live musical entertainment, food trucks and a beer garden centered around the historic Sun Tavern, a pop-up market and artisan fair, children’s games and activities and fun for the whole family. A Revolutionary War encampment with re-enactors and museum volunteers in period costume will help connect people to Fairfield’s history.
The Fairfield Museum will be open free of charge, offering docent-led tours of the ongoing, interactive exhibition, "Creating Community: Exploring 375 Years of Our Past," which invites visitors to see, hear, touch and experience what life was like in our area from the 1600s to today.
There is limited parking on site and free parking is available at Sherman Elementary School and at First Church Congregational on the day of the event.
- 1 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 2 Gas Line Ruptured, Homes Evacuated On Fairfield Beach Road
- 3 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 4 Fairfield Kids Honored For Beach Cleanup In The Community
- 5 Death Of Fairfield Woman Who Was Hit By Bike Tops Week’s News