FAIRFIELD, Conn. – The First Annual Southern New England Kosher BBQ Championship and Festival will be held on Sunday, Sept. 7, from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. at Congregation Beth El, located at 1200 Fairfield Woods Road.
The competition is for barbecue enthusiasts as well as casual backyard grillers, and is sanctioned by the World Kosher BBQ Championship in Memphis, Tenn.
About 30 barbecue teams, entertainment, food-eating contests, kids' activities and a gathering of artists will be available.
Shuttles to the festival from area schools' parking lots will be available. Parking will be available at the Fairfield Middle School and Jennings Elementary School.
This event is open to the public. Admission is a donation of two canned goods for Operation Hope.
For more information, click here.
- 1 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 2 Fairfield Gas Station Robbed At Gunpoint; Police Seek Help ID'ing Suspect
- 3 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teenage Girl
- 4 United Illuminating Repairs Power Outages In Fairfield After Storm
- 5 Mucinex Cold, Flu Medicine Recall Announced