FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Here are five of the biggest events coming up in Fairfield County.
1. Fairfield’s 375th Anniversary Celebration with authors Rita Papazian and Jackson Kuhl, Saturday, April 5, 1 to 3 p.m.
Authors Rita Papazian, author of "Remembering Fairfield Connecticut: Famous People and Historic Places," and Jackson Kuhl, author of "Samuel Smedley: Connecticut Privateer," will be joining forces to give informational presentations in celebration of Fairfield’s 375th anniversary. They will also be holding book signings. Free. 1499 Post Road
2. Sustainable Seafood: Panel Discussion with Local Experts in Greenwich, Saturday, April 5, 6 to 8 p.m.
Greenwich Audubon and Slow Food Metro-North are partnering together on a Sustainable Seafood Panel about how your choices at home or dining at restaurants can have an impact the planet. $10. 613 Riversville Road.
3. Coffee and Conversation at Easton Baptist Church, Saturday, April 5, 9:30 to 10:30 a.m
After 183 years, the Easton Baptist Church may have to close its doors. The church hopes to revitalize its ministry by asking for the community's input in a one-hour discussion. Free. 29 Church Road.
4. Jazz Concert in Tribute to Dave Brubeck in Southport, Sunday, April 6, 3 p.m.
A concert in honor of Dave Brubeck: pianist, composer, humanitarian, and Wilton resident. $25. 720 Pequot Avenue.
5. Stamford Museum and Nature Center Amphibian Walk, Friday, April 4, 7 to 8:30 p.m.
Bring your flashlights and hiking boots to discover some of the unique creatures that visit the nature center annually to lay their eggs. Ages 5 and older. Preregistration and prepayment are required. Members for $5, nonmembers for $8. Space is limited. 39 Scofieldtown Road.
I’m sure we’ve left some big events out. Tell us where you’ll be heading and why.