FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- Fairfield's Roger Ludlowe Middle School is hosting a Hoops For Hope fund-raising event on Thursday.
The Mill Hill and Dwight Elementary school communities are coming together at 6 p.m. at Roger Ludlowe to raise money for the Kyle Winslow All Abilities Playground. Kyle Winslow was a student at Mill Hill School who was in a wheelchair and was just learning to speak when he died at the age of nine in January 2011.
"As a child with special needs, he was unable to play and interact with his classmates on the current playground, or on any playground in the Fairfield community," representatives said. "The mission of this playground is to give all people, regardless of their abilities, the opportunities to explore and engage in the highest level of play together."
The $250,000 endeavor was initiated by the Winslow family, which has been fund-raising privately, and $70,000 is still needed to break ground this spring, representatives said.
The Hoops For Hope event includes Mill Hill and Dwight competing in a basketball game.
GamesTickets are $5 each or $20/family. For questions or donations, residents can contact Robin Righter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Fairfield Business Falls Victim To UI Scam; Police Expecting Similar Crimes
- 2 Lower Fairfield County Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Fairfield
- 4 Keep An Eye On Your Purse; Fairfield Police Show How Easy It Is To Steal
- 5 3 Men Plead Guilty To Kidnapping, Jewelry Store Robbery In Fairfield