FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- Financial adviser Paul Sheldon will give investment tips and strategies on Wednesday, Feb. 19, at the Fairfield Senior Center.
The Fairfield League of Women Voters will sponsor Sheldon's visit, which begins at 10 a.m. at the center, 100 Mona Terrace. Sheldon, senior vice president of investments at Wells Fargo Advisors, will gear his talk to financial fundamentals. The talk will include the basics such as risk, how to get higher yields, how to profit from the Affordable Care Act and the safest ways to invest in the stock market.
The program is for all ages.
"Bring yourself, your parents, your children—your grandchildren," representatives said. "It’s never too early to learn how to make your financial future more secure."
A Westport resident, Sheldon has traveled worldwide conducting financial seminars. In 1977, he initiated a series of investment seminars targeted to women at the Parson’s School of Design, and subsequently has conducted “Financial Independence: Considerations for Women,” currently celebrating its 36th anniversary. He also introduced “Women and Their Money” at Marymount Manhattan College and Baruch College in New York City, and Manhattanville College in Purchase.
- 1 Two Students From Fairfield Warde Seriously Injured In Midday Car Crash
- 2 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 3 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 4 Judge Orders Sex Assault Trial For Ex-Fairfield Teacher
- 5 Big Crowds Turn Out For Fairfield's Memorial Day Parade