FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- The Junior League of Eastern Fairfield County is hosting the Art Truck at its 22nd Annual Art Show on Sunday, April 6, in Fairfield.
The art show will run from Friday, April 4, to Sunday, April 6, at Burr Homestead in Fairfield. The weekend event is JLEFC’s primary fund-raiser with all proceeds to benefit the League and its "Healthy Families, Healthy Futures" community programs.
"The Junior League of Eastern Fairfield County and The Art Truck share a commitment to children and a love of the arts," said Maura O'Shea, owner of the Art Truck. "Our partnership is a wonderful way to celebrate creativity in our communities."
The Art Truck is a mobile art studio set to provide an outlet for children's creativity, according to a release.
“It’s important children are inspired in all sorts of ways,” said Sonal Rajan, Junior League of Eastern Fairfield County president. “That makes the Art Truck a perfect partnership for the Art Show weekend. Kids can be inspired by the works of art available for purchase and on display in the Burr Homestead, and then they can go on to create their own masterpieces in the Art Truck.”
The JLEFC represents Bridgeport, Easton, Fairfield, Monroe, Newtown, Redding, Shelton, Southport, Stratford, Trumbull, Weston and Westport.
- 1 Fairfield Woman Hit By Bike In Central Park Is Reportedly Brain Dead
- 2 Fairfield Woman Hit By Bike In Central Park Dies Of Injuries
- 3 Mill Plain Road Railroad Overpass In Fairfield Closed, Hit By Truck
- 4 Western Connecticut Reopens Evacuated Buildings On Midtown Danbury Campus
- 5 Former Connecticut Gov. John Rowland Found Guilty Of Conspiracy