SOUTHPORT, Conn. – Abstract artist Mary Elizabeth Peterson will host a meet-and-greet at the Troy Fine Art Services gallery in Southport on Thursday, Aug. 21, from 6 to 7:30 p.m.
Peterson re-creates joyful moments through acrylic paint on canvas works and mixed media collages using paint, paper, thread and plastics.
"Her vivid colors and delightful patterns are the first things that catch your eye in these contemporary compositions," said Denise DiGrigoli, principal at Troy Fine Art Services, in a press release. "We find our clients engaged with her art from the moment they see it. Mary Elizabeth's style brings an instant smile on your face."
Peterson received degrees in journalism and art history from the University of Connecticut and studied painting at The Corcoran College of Art and Design in Washington, D.C., before receiving an international artist in residency grant at the Vermont Studio Center in March 2014. Peterson currently lives and works in Westport.
Visitors are encouraged to RSVP for the meet-and-greet by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 203-255-1555.
The Troy Fine Art Services gallery is a 3310 Post Road For more information, visit its website.
- 1 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 2 Updated Memorial Day Forecast Brings Good News For Fairfield
- 3 Enjoy A Parade On Memorial Day, Fairfield
- 4 Big Crowds Turn Out For Fairfield's Memorial Day Parade
- 5 Flags To Fly At Half-Staff In Fairfield Until Noon On Memorial Day