FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- The Quick Center for the Arts at Fairfield University is hosting the opening reception for an art show that features work by 50 U.S. veterans.
"Your Branches Span the Sky" runs through March 21. An opening reception will be held Tuesday, Jan. 21, from 4 to 7 p.m.
The artists are participating in the Creative Arts Therapies programs at the Veterans Administration, designed to promote wellness, recovery and resilience through the arts.
Some of the artists in the exhibition as well as V.A. art therapists will attend the Jan. 21 opening. The event is free and open to the public. A related evening of theater, music and poetry will celebrate the efforts of veterans and their work in February.
The art center is located at 1073 N. Benson Road in Fairfield.
- 1 Police: Husband Beat Up 21-Year-Old Fairfield Man Hitting On His Wife
- 2 Boy Reports Suspicious Incident With Car In Fairfield Parking Lot
- 3 Woman Killed By Amtrak Train In Milford
- 4 Police: No Suspects In Bomb Threat Made At Seagrape, Inn At Fairfield Beach
- 5 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire