FAIRFIELD COUNTY, CONN. -- Fairfield County residents will be able to catch some more summer bliss this weekend – which promises to be rain free – at these great events.
1. Darien Sidewalk Sales and Family Fun Days from Thursday, July 10 to Saturday, July 12, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Enjoy extensive sidewalks sales and children's entertainment, coordinated by the Darien Chamber of Commerce. Post Road and the Goodwives and Noroton Heights shopping centers.
The Norwalk Historical Society will commemorate the 235th anniversary of "The Battle and Burning of Norwalk," with several fun, educational activities at Mill Hill Historic Park. 2 East Wall Street.
3. Rowayton River Ramble on Saturday, July 12 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Help benefit the Rowayton Civic Association by coming out to enjoy live Music from Peter Stuart and Friends, paddleboard demonstrations, raw bar and grill, kids’ games, live and silent auctions, petting zoo, arts, crafts and local vendors. Pinkney Park.
4. Wilton Street Fair and Sidewalk Sale on Saturday, July 12 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Retailers, crafters, restaurants, businesses and local organizations will all be offering spectacular shopping opportunities. Additionally, enjoy live entertainment, demonstrations and activities for the whole family at the Gazebo on the Wilton Town Green. Children’s activities include a petting zoo, balloon characters from Mr. Bungles, carnival games, Sand Art Party, Stone Street Tie Dye and more. 101 Old Ridgefield Road.
5. Westport Sidewalk Sale from Thursday, July 10 to Sunday, July 13.
Each year, eager shoppers take to Main Street, Post Road and the surrounding downtown area to get the best deals. Shops bring merchandise to the sidewalks and offer incredible bargains. Times will vary by store, but make sure to get there early for the best selection.
I'm sure we missed some great events. Let us know where you'll be heading this weekend and why in the comments below.
- 1 Police: Husband Beat Up 21-Year-Old Fairfield Man Hitting On His Wife
- 2 Boy Reports Suspicious Incident With Car In Fairfield Parking Lot
- 3 Woman Killed By Amtrak Train In Milford
- 4 Police: No Suspects In Bomb Threat Made At Seagrape, Inn At Fairfield Beach
- 5 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire