FAIRFIELD, Conn. – Here are a few highlights of things to do in and around Fairfield this weekend, including a celebration of Fairfield’s libraries and a charity chowder cook-off. See our Events calendar for more items.
Friday, Feb. 1
“All-American Song:” 8 p.m. Mezzo-soprano Stephanie Blythe sings a selection of classic American songs accompanied by Warren Jones on piano at Fairfield University’s Quick Center for the Arts. 1073 N. Benson Road.
Saturday, Feb. 2
Take Your Child to the Library Day: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Fairfield’s two public libraries and the Pequot Library have events and activities all day planned for Take Your Child to the Library Day. A special arts and crafts station will also be set up at Town Hall Green at Old Post Road and Beach Road.
Sunday, Feb. 3
ChowdaFest: 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Restaurants from around the region compete in a clam chowder cook-off at Bridgeport’s Webster Bank Arena. Proceeds will go to the Connecticut Food Bank. 600 Main St., Bridgeport.
Have an event you want everyone to know about? Add your event to our calendar.
- 1 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Fairfield
- 2 Keep An Eye On Your Purse; Fairfield Police Show How Easy It Is To Steal
- 3 Rollover Accident Cleared From Merritt Parkway Near Fairfield
- 4 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 5 Fairfield Man Arrested On DUI, Narcotics Charges After Running Red Light