FAIRFIELD, Conn. – Here are a few highlights of things to do in and around Fairfield this weekend, including concerts, lectures and an Asian New Year celebration. See our Events calendar for more items.
Friday, Feb. 15
Stefon Harris and Blackout: 8 p.m. Jazz musician Stefon Harris and his ensemble perform at Fairfield University’s Quick Center for the Arts. 1073 N. Benson Road.
Saturday, Feb. 16
Asian New Year Celebration: Noon to 3 p.m. Connecticut’s Beardsley Zoo rings in the "Year of the Snake" with activities, educational programs, a parade and more. 1875 Noble Ave., Bridgeport
Sunday, Feb. 17
“African Americans in Connecticut:” 12:30 p.m. The Fairfield Museum and History Center screens the Emmy-winning documentary “African Americans in Connecticut: Civil War to Civil Rights” as part of its President’s Day Family Weekend. 370 Beach Road.
Author Peter Spiers: 4 p.m. Peter Spiers talks about his book “Master Class: Living Longer, Stronger and Happier” at the Pequot Library. 720 Pequot Ave.
Have an event you want everyone to know about? Add your event to our calendar.
- 1 Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Train At Fairfield Station
- 2 Injured Driver Pulled From Early Morning Wreck In Fairfield
- 3 Tree Worker Injured After More Than 40-Foot Fall In Fairfield
- 4 Police: Fairfield Man Charged With Assaulting Mother's Boyfriend, 66
- 5 Waterbury Woman Killed By Train In Fairfield Identified