FAIRFIELD, Conn. – Here are a few highlights of things to do in and around Fairfield this weekend, including a visit from the Globetrotters and a celebration of Black History Month. See our Events calendar for more items.
Friday, Feb. 22
Harlem Globetrotters Basketball: 7 p.m. The Harlem Globetrotters play at Bridgeport’s Webster Bank Arena as part of the “You Write the Rules” Tour. Fans will be allowed to vote on special rules for the game. 600 Main St., Bridgeport.
Saturday, Feb. 23
African-American History Celebration: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. The Discovery Museum hosts a day of events honoring African-American culture. The event will include appearances by storyteller Laconia Therriot, dance and jazz performances by Neighborhood Studios and a visit from Congressional Medal of Honor winner Lavell Lynch and more. 4450 Park Ave.
Sunday, Feb. 24
Prevailing Winds Winter Concert: 3 p.m. Woodwind quintet Prevailing Winds performs a free interactive concert at the Fairfield Public Library. 1080 Old Post Road.
Have an event you want everyone to know about? Add your event to our calendar.
- 1 Man Drowns In Creek On Bridgeport/Fairfield Border After Bar Fight
- 2 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Fairfield
- 3 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 4 Bridgeport Man Charged In Weston Home Invasion, Assault Of Woman
- 5 Supporters Gather Across Fairfield County To Hear From Bernie Sanders