FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Sangria may look easy -- a little wine, a little fruit, a filled-to-the-rim pitcher. But in reality, it's all about balance.
Come summer, it's also all about what's refreshing, without too much sweetness. We've rounded up some of the best sangrias in the county; feel free to add your own on our Facebook page or in our comments.
- Barcelona Wine Bar, Stamford, Fairfield: White and red, complete with pineapple juice, rum, brandy and orange liqueur, are available at this Spanish charmer where tapas and paella tend to be on every table. Diners can also imbibe in the Sangria Flora made with Spanish Rosé, St. Germain Elderflower liqueur, soda, and fresh fruit.
- Brick + Wood, Fairfield: Expect more than just pizza at this popular favorite while you'll also find a host of creative cocktails, among them a red sangria, a white and even a "Fresh Fruit Sparkler" of muddled fresh fruit and mint club soda.
- Bodega Taco Bar, Darien, Fairfield: Two options here folks and both sound ideal for a hot summer night: red wine sangria or the strawberry lemonade rosé option. There is always one special flavor going on here; mixed berry was an option earlier in the summer -- so don't be shy: ask!
- Bow Tie Cinemas, Royale 6, Norwalk: Sip sangria while watching your favorite flick, thanks to Bow Tie Cinemas revamped theater. This sangria -- in a 12-ounce cup -- features lightly muddled fresh strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries mixed with Bota dry rosé and ripe agave-lemon sour mix.
- Cask Republic, Stamford, South Norwalk: Expect a dazzling medley of fruit with your red or white sangria.
- El Coyote, Brookfield, Monroe: Expect the traditional at this Mexican favorite where red or white sangria are served either by the glass or pitcher.
- Ibiza Tapas, Danbury: Your culinary journey to Spain starts here complete with a host of inventive tapas and sangria in red, white, cava and rosé versions.
- Killer B, South Norwalk: The "b" stands for burgers, beer, bacon and bourbon but you can also enjoy a flavorful punch of Merlot, Cabernet, OJ, pineapple, lemonade and Smirnoff orange.
- La Zingara, Bethel: White wine sangria hits the spot accompanied by the comforting Italian dishes you'll find at La Zingara. No worries if your dining partner prefers something else: the restaurant is known for its host of innovative libations.
- Mezon Tapas Bar & Restaurant, Danbury: Choose from the traditional red or go for something different with the strawberry mango coconut. Either way you'll get a fruit medley taste sensation.
- Eastend, Greenwich: Go for a spin on the traditional with Roselle Sangria - Tito's handmade vodka, hibiscus tea, fresh lemon juice and rosé wine.
- Tablao Sono, Norwalk: Tapas taste better when accompanied by a pitcher of sangria. Your choice: White or red? It's a favorite of Norwalk Instagrammer @HappyHappyHour.
- The Sitting Duck Tavern, Stratford, Trumbull: A bracing balance of flavors awaits you at The Sitting Duck where you'll find both red and white sangria. The white features Barefoot Moscato, St-Germain Elderflower Liqueur and fresh fruit, topped with club soda while the red boasts Barefoot Sweet Red wine, Jim Beam Bourbon, apple cider and a splash of club soda.
- Valencia Luncheria, Norwalk: Sparkling spiked Cabernet, Isla Bonita and fresh fruit go into this red sangria where, come summer, you can dig your toes in the sand in the eatery's outdoor eatery and feel far, far away.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.