FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- It's barbecue season! Or, at least it will be once the rain stops and Memorial Day jump starts the unofficial start of summer.
This year, let someone else to the grilling. We've rounded up five companies willing to do the work for you. Your go-to not on the list? Tell us about it in our Comments or add to the discussion on Facebook.
- Clambakes of Connecticut: Clambakes rank up there with barbecues. At this Shelton-based company, you have your choice of both. Best of all, they do them year-round keeping that summer feeling going way past August. Book It: 203-736-7191.
- Jeff's BBQ and Catering: Authentic Southern cuisine -- think a North Carolina picnic, a Memphis Backyard BBQ or a Kansas City tailgate --is on the menu with all the fixins. The multi-award winning chef specializes in BBQ, Southern, and Cajun cuisine and is also available for personal chef services. Book It: 203-852-0041.
- Farmboys Smokin' BBQ: Owned and operated by a Charleston, S.C.-born Pitmaster, you can rest assured you are getting Southern-style slow-cooked smoked barbecue. Chef Matt Lombardo, now based in Danbury, uses a mobile smoker to slow-cook the meats for up to 20 hours. Book It: 203-788-9772 or email email@example.com.
- Hog Wild BBQ: This Newtown-based eatery is all about the pig, catering pig roasts with hogs ranging from 20 to 150 pounds. With guest satisfaction number one, they also offer a host of other meats -- think beef brisket, pulled chicken, sausage, baby back ribs, etc. And, they rely on locally grown hickory and apple wood for use in their smokers. Book It: 203- 994-9944 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Odeen's BBQ: It's all about the art of the "Q" at this Ridgefield-based business where everything is made from scratch -- sauces, brine, finishing rubs, glazes, coleslaw. Here, American-style bbq takes center stage. Not up for a big event? Order ahead and pick it up to go. Book It: 204-438-1741.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.