FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Grab the lime and some salt. Monday, July 24 is National Tequila Day, which means it's fiesta time.
We've listed a few spots to start your celebration; feel free to add your favorites to our Comments or on Facebook.
- bartaco, Westport, Stamford: Tequilas and tacos are hallmarks of many a meal here, with lots of varieties to choose from. Test the tequila waters with a flight of three or opt for a classic margarita made with Libelula Joven tequila, Combier liqueur d'orange, agave syrup and lime juice.
- Boxcar Cantina, Greenwich: The margarita list here is dizzying with choices that include frozen, on the rocks or straight up. Options include the Super Chief Margarita of El Jimador Reposado, freshly squeezed lime juice and all natural triple sec, the Chief (slightly smaller) version or one of the specialty flavors including the Zaragoza which includes a splash of red sangria. Can't make up your mind? Boxcar offers a margarita flight.
- Crave, Fairfield: Cazadores Silver Tequila goes into the Pineapple-Basil Margarita, which also includes pineapple juice, fresh lime juice, agave nectar and a splash of coconut puree.
- Geronimo Tequila Bar & Southwest Grill, Fairfield: Say hello to tequila headquarters. The restaurant boasts over 400 options as well as an array of cocktails. Something new: a 10 oz Carbonated Margarita made with Corralejo Tequila, Combier and fresh lime juice -- served in a bottle. Just be warned: these small batch products are only available on Friday's, Saturdays and Sundays until the week's stock runs out.
- Judy's Bar & KItchen, Stamford: The "Passionately Spicy Rita," made with jalapeño infused tequila, Combier, passionfruit, and lime pairs perfectly with Judy's good ol' American comfort food.
- Killer B, Norwalk: Get your tequila fix with the Abeja, hornitos black barrel aged tequila, lime juice, and pineapple juice served up and garnished with pineapple.
- Mediterraneo Norwalk, Norwalk: Toast the holiday with the Oaxaca Smokehouse Margarita made with Montelobos (Organic) Mezcal Tequila, Luxardo Triple Sec, fresh squeezed lime juice and organic Blue Agave all garnished with a Sugar in the Raw Rim blended with Chipotle Chile Powder and a Brule Orange Wedge.
- Valencia Luncheria, Norwalk : Sand, sunshine, and cocktails are the unofficial summer motto here, where, on a hot day, you can cool down with the expertly made margarita made with 100 percent white agave tequila, Luxardo Triplum, agave, and lime.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.