FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn -- Although snow is just around the corner, that does not stop four-season farmers from bringing fresh vegetables to your local markets. Winter farmers’ markets will run this season in Westport, Fairfield, Weston, New Canaan and Greenwich, all in indoor heated venues.
The Westport market is up and running on Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. It is located at Gilbertie’s Herb Gardens, 7 Sylvan Lane, Westport.
Greenfield Hill Grange is also open already. You can buy fresh, leafy greens there on Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. through May 3. It is at 1873 Hillside Road, Fairfield.
Norfield Grange opens its doors on Saturday, Nov. 23. Visit the market from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. every Saturday on 12 Goodhill Road, Weston.
In Greenwich the winter market starts on Dec. 7 and continues every Saturday through March 29. It is held at the Greenwich Teen Center on 100 Arch St. from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
The New Canaan market begins on Jan. 21 at the New Canaan Nature Center on 144 Oenoke Ridge. Doors are open on Tuesdays from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- 1 Police: Husband Beat Up 21-Year-Old Fairfield Man Hitting On His Wife
- 2 Boy Reports Suspicious Incident With Car In Fairfield Parking Lot
- 3 Woman Killed By Amtrak Train In Milford
- 4 Police: No Suspects In Bomb Threat Made At Seagrape, Inn At Fairfield Beach
- 5 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire