FAIRFIELD, Conn. — The Fairfield Museum and History Center has announced the winners of “IMAGES 2016,” its eighth annual juried photography show, including several local residents.
The exhibition of the winning photographs will open May 15, along with an exhibition of work by Jack Delano, a photographer who captured views of life in Connecticut during the 1940s. The winning photographs will be on display through June 27. The work of Jack Delano will be on exhibit through Sept. 18.
Sponsored by Venu magazine, Southport Galleries and Fairfield University, the IMAGES exhibition celebrates the exceptional work of talented, regional photographers. This year’s winners were chosen from more than 500 entries from Connecticut, New York, Rhode Island and Massachusetts.
Two grand prize winners will be selected and announced on Saturday, May 14, at the museum’s Gin & Jazz spring benefit. The public is invited to attend the festivities, featuring cocktails, live music and food. Guests will be able to preview both exhibitions, “IMAGES 2016” and “Connecticut, 1940: Farms, Factories, and the Photographs of Jack Delano.”
Judges for this year’s contest were renowned photographer Philip Trager; Pablo Delano, professor of fine arts at Trinity College in Hartford; and Suzanne Chamlin, associate professor and director of studio art at Fairfield University.
Tickets for the opening celebration are available online here . Proceeds from the evening will benefit the museum’s educational programs.
For more information, visit Fairfieldhistory.org or call 203-259-1598.
The 2016 IMAGES winning entries are:
- “Drops” by Shelley Burger of Westport
- “Winter Thaw” by John Clark of Cos Cob
- “Blue Diamonds” by student Lili Dowell of Stratford
- “Hardware” by student Sophie Gervais of Fairfield
- “Railway Rust” by Mary Harold of Ridgefield
- “The Maze” by Michele Hermsen of Fairfield
- “Stacked” by Kirsti Holtan of Stamford
- “GO” by Kristie Kistner of Fairfield
- “Forget Me Knot” by Van Ruttley of Norwalk
- “White House” by Lee Berchem of Milford
- “Escalating” by student Lili Dowell of Stratford
- “Old Glory” by student Justin Feldman of Fairfield
- “Attic Archways” by Sandy Gennrich of Stamford
- “Sky Net Reflector” by Danielle Goldstein of Westport
- “Untitled” by Fredda Gordon of Fairfield
- “Sunrise” by Ellen Gould of Southport
- “Brant Point Reflection” by Brian Lohotsky of New York, N.Y.
- “Zakim Bridge Geometry” by Amy Oppenheimer of Newton Lower Falls, Mass.
- “Catskill Chill: A Farewell to Minglewood” by Chad Anderson of Easton
- “Dead Sea Reflection” by Carol Battin of Stamford
- “Empty Beds, Chernobyl, Ukraine” by Lindsay Comer of Bridgeport
- “The Field” by student Christina Convertito of Fairfield
- “Development” by Sherry Fogel of Trumbull
- “Lofoten” by Annalisa Harding of Westport
- “Vintage Truck” by Kasey Hilleary of Trumbull
- “Aspens” by student Caitlin Pasierb of Darien
- “Under the Red Bridge” by Anastasia Zinkerman of Fairfield
- “Resting in Peace” by Jean-Marc Bara of Greenwich
- “Seed Pods” by Sean Flynn of Norwich
- “Punk Rocker” by Frances Gallogly of Trumbull
- “tree2sky” by student Kieran Greeley of Ridgefield
- “Two Babies” by student Sasha Rose McCay of Fairfield
- “Baby Chick” by student Sarah Pieratti of South Salem, N.Y.
- “Red-Eyed Green Tree Frog” by Sara Roche of Westport
- “Frozen Delight” by Susan Rotando of Fairfield
- “Catch Me If You Can” by Patricia Spaght of Southport
- “Lawson’s Epic Drift” by Steven Hurst of Fairfield
- “Rosy” by student Vivian Kelley of Fairfield
- “Girls at Play, Provence” by Tom Kretsch of Westport
- “Chess 1” by Steven Lindner of Woodbridge
- “Leaf Fall” by Kerry Long of Trumbull
- “Mama Maria” by Joel Nsadha of Vestal, N.Y.
- “Hmong Mother and Children” by Julie O’Connor of Weston
- “Couple Hugging each other in Washington Square Park” by Matt Reiser of Westport
- “Glowing, Istanbul” by Caren Winnall of Riverside
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.