FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Sure we all love turkey -- or the tradition of it at least -- but let's be honest: we all love pie just as much, if not more.
So, where are you getting yours this Thanksgiving, Fairfield County? We've rounded up a few of our favs sure to dazzle your guests. Just be warned: You need to decide soon. Many places need orders by Saturday, Nov. 18.
- Aux Délices Gourmet Foods, Darien, Greenwich, Riverside and Westport: Chocolate turkey cake is on the list of Thanksgiving desserts along with double crusted apple pie, classic pumpkin, pecan pie and even gluten-free apple. Order by Saturday, Nov. 18.
- Beardsley’s Orchards, Shelton : Pies are available fresh or frozen and include apple, apple-crumb, peach, pumpkin, pecan, blueberry, coconut cream, fruit-n-berries and more. Order by Sunday, Nov. 19. The farm is also open Thanksgiving day from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. for last minute pick-ups. Pick a pie : 278 Leavenworth Road, Shelton, 203-926-1098.
- Billy's Bakery, Fairfield: Come in early Wednesday, Nov. 22 and get what you get. There's no pre-ordering here but there are plenty of delicious pies to take home -- think bumbleberry, pumpkin, apple, apple crumb and more. Pick a pie: 1885 Black Rock Tpkel, 203-337-5349.
- By The Way Bakery, Greenwich: Classic chocolate layer cake, pear cranberry coffee cake, pumpkin cheesecake, spiced carrot layer cake and a ginger pumpkin tart are some of the choices at BTW where everything is kosher and gluten-free. Order by Sunday, Nov. 19. Pick a pie: 19 East Putnam Ave., 203-489-3610.
- Michele's Pies, Norwalk: Folks drive from all over the county to get a pie at Michele's, known for its made-with-love goodness. Among the options: country apple, apple caramel crumb, maple pumpkin with pecan streusel, and chocolate pecan Bourbon. Place pie orders soonest. Pick a pie: 666 Main Ave., 203-354-7144.
- Lorca, Stamford: Beware: Reading the menu here of made-from-scratch sweets is enough to make you hungry -- and want to bite ito something right now. Among the choices: Mexican chocolate pecan pie made with caramelized muscovado sugar, salted honey custard with pine nuts, double-crusted apple pie, dulce apple and cranberry sage apple. Order by Saturday, Nov. 18. Pick a pie: 125 Bedford St., 203-504-2847.
- Sweet Cakes, Fairfield: Apple rasberry, apple pear, caramel apple nut, pumpkin, sweet potato, pumpkin with pecan streusel, and coconut cream pie are among the options. Order must be placed by Saturday, Nov. 18. Pick a pie: 110 Post Rd., 203-256-9253.
- The American Pie Company, Sherman: Lots of options here -- you might just need two -- among them, pumpkin, coconut custard, chocolate cream, harvest fruit, sugar-fee apple, Italian ricotta, German chocolate, and so on, along with a few gluten-free options. Pie orders are taken until the day before Thanksgiving. Pick a pie: 29 Route 37, 860-350-0662.
- The SoNo Baking Company, Norwalk, Darien: The classics rule at SoNo Baking where you'll find apple, apple crumb, cranberry pear and pumpkin on the list of holiday desserts. Order by Monday, Nov. 20. Pick a pie: 101 Water St., Norwalk, 203-847-7666; 49 Tokeneke Rd., Darien, 203-309-5401.
- Oronoque Farms Bakery & Boutique, Shelton: The apple and apple crumb pies made here are Connecticut "musts" -- and best of all, you don't need to order ahead. The only caveat? Pies are sold on a first come, first-served basis. Check the hours on the website HERE. Pick a pie: 188 Leavenworth Rd., 203-925-4237.
Have another place to add to our pie list? Let us know where you like to go.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.