FAIRFIELD, Conn. – Fairfield residents believe their hometown boasts the best places to eat in the area, and Connecticut Magazine agrees, awarding everything from best cocktails to best service to restaurants in town.
Barcelona, which was recognized in all its locations across the state, received nods in multiple categories: Best Wine Selection, Best Service, Most Romantic, Best Appetizers, Best Outdoor Dining and in Fairfield alone placed third in Best Hotel Dining for its location in the Hi-Ho Motel.
The Artisan in Southport’s The Delamar Hotel came in second for Hotel Dining.
Catch A Healthy Habit was recognized as one of the Best Vegetarian/Vegan restaurants in the state.
For Best Pub Grub and Best Road Food, Fairfield’s The Chelsea and Super Duper Weenie came in second. The Chelsea also came in second in the Best Gourmet Burgers category and first in Best Lunch.
Wilson’s BBQ in Norwalk and Fairfield took home third for Best Barbecue, and Chips came in first for Best Breakfast.
Fairfield’s Liana’s tied for third in Best Italian, Safita won first in Best Middle Eastern and Coromandel was second for Best Indian.
Nearly two-thirds of the restaurants that placed in the top three were from Fairfield County, a review of the winners found. The winners came from the magazine reaching out to readers to vote for their favorites.
- 1 Fairfield Business Falls Victim To UI Scam; Police Expecting Similar Crimes
- 2 Lower Fairfield County Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Fairfield
- 4 Keep An Eye On Your Purse; Fairfield Police Show How Easy It Is To Steal
- 5 3 Men Plead Guilty To Kidnapping, Jewelry Store Robbery In Fairfield