FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- Connecticut Magazine ranked Fairfield as the No. 17 town to live in as part of its annual "Rating the Towns" feature.
Although the magazine has done the rankings before, this year's system was based on median home sale price, and not population as it was in years past.
In the list of towns where median home sale prices were more than $300,000, Fairfield's No. 17 ranking put it right in the middle of the pack of 37 towns.
Other criteria for the ranking included crime rate, graduation rates, the equalized mill rate, PIC rating, the number of restaurants that made the publications "Best Restaurants" list and voter turnout.
Fairfield floundered in the crime rating category, with a ranking of 36, but flourished in culture and leisure, finishing with the top ranking in the category.
Fairfield County dominated the list, overall, with Ridgefield, Darien, New Canaan, Wilton, Greenwich, Weston and Westport taking the top seven spots.
Easton was ranked 12th, and Redding placed 21st.
Stamford was ranked the top city in the state, followed by Norwalk at No. 2 and Danbury at No. 3.
- 1 Man Found Dead In Car At Fairfield Elks Club
- 2 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 3 13 Metro-North Conductors, Engineers Indicted In Cheating Scandal
- 4 Former Stamford Resident Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust In Japan
- 5 Jupiter, Venus Forming Unusual Sight In Fairfield Sky