FAIRFIELD, Conn. – Say hello to Corky, a Jack Russell terrier-corgi mix who is about 5 years old. Corky is the latest edition of Wednesday’s Pet and is just one of the many pets awaiting adoption at the Fairfield Animal Shelter.
Corky and another dog just like him were taken from Villa Avenue last fall. He has a microchip embedded in him, but the chip is not registered. Fairfield Animal Control has not been able to find his original owner. Corky and his friend are now available for adoption.
Former Selectman Sherri Steeneck started Wednesday’s Pet last year to draw attention to the many dogs and cats awaiting adoption at the Fairfield Animal Shelter. Most of the animals featured as Wednesday’s Pet have been adopted, but many are still waiting for homes.
If you’re interested in taking Corky home, you can visit him at the Fairfield Animal Shelter, 211 One Rod Highway or call 203-254-4857. Pets that are already spayed or neutered cost just $5 to adopt. Those who are not yet fixed cost $50 but come with a voucher for the procedure.
- 1 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 2 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teenager
- 3 'I Am A Woman,' Newtown High School Graduate Jenner Says In 20/20 Interview
- 4 Mucinex Cold, Flu Medicine Recall Announced
- 5 Snow Flurries, Hail Fall In Fairfield; Patchy Frost Likely Overnight