FAIRFIELD, Conn. – Say hello to Corky, a Jack Russell terrier-corgi mix who is about 5 years old. Corky is the latest edition of Wednesday’s Pet and is just one of the many pets awaiting adoption at the Fairfield Animal Shelter.
Corky and another dog just like him were taken from Villa Avenue last fall. He has a microchip embedded in him, but the chip is not registered. Fairfield Animal Control has not been able to find his original owner. Corky and his friend are now available for adoption.
Former Selectman Sherri Steeneck started Wednesday’s Pet last year to draw attention to the many dogs and cats awaiting adoption at the Fairfield Animal Shelter. Most of the animals featured as Wednesday’s Pet have been adopted, but many are still waiting for homes.
If you’re interested in taking Corky home, you can visit him at the Fairfield Animal Shelter, 211 One Rod Highway or call 203-254-4857. Pets that are already spayed or neutered cost just $5 to adopt. Those who are not yet fixed cost $50 but come with a voucher for the procedure.
- 1 Fairfield Student Reported Missing At Rochester Institute Of Technology
- 2 Family Asks For Help In Finding Missing College Student, 21, From Fairfield
- 3 Police: Fairfield Student Found With 11 Grams Of Psychedelic Mushrooms
- 4 Head Of Yoga Empire With Fairfield County Locations Faces Rape Allegation
- 5 Report Says 10 Arrests Were Made At Fairfield Schools In 2013