FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- Chip's Family Restaurant in Fairfield is set to host a pancake supper Monday, Jan. 27, to raise money for the Greenfield Hill Congregational Church's 2014 Appalachia Trip.
The restaurant at 525 Tunxis Hill Cut Off in Fairfield will host seatings for the $12 per person dinner at 5, 6 and 7 p.m. All proceeds benefit the mission trip, which will take place this summer.
"Since 1978, Greenfield Hill Congregational Church has sent teens and adults each summer to participate in this home repair mission to the people of Rural Appalachia, making homes warmer, safer, and drier," a press release said. "Participants spend time interacting with the family they’ve been assigned to service and forge friendships and learn life lessons that will enrich their faith and build character for the rest of their lives."
Tickets can be purchased online from Greenfield Hill Congregational Church website.
- 1 Christmas Eve Storm May Impact Travel In Fairfield
- 2 Rollover Accident Cleared From Merritt Parkway Near Fairfield
- 3 Fairfield Man Arrested On DUI, Narcotics Charges After Running Red Light
- 4 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 5 Two Bridgeport Men Plead Guilty To Robbery Spree In Fairfield