FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- Chip's Family Restaurant in Fairfield is set to host a pancake supper Monday, Jan. 27, to raise money for the Greenfield Hill Congregational Church's 2014 Appalachia Trip.
The restaurant at 525 Tunxis Hill Cut Off in Fairfield will host seatings for the $12 per person dinner at 5, 6 and 7 p.m. All proceeds benefit the mission trip, which will take place this summer.
"Since 1978, Greenfield Hill Congregational Church has sent teens and adults each summer to participate in this home repair mission to the people of Rural Appalachia, making homes warmer, safer, and drier," a press release said. "Participants spend time interacting with the family they’ve been assigned to service and forge friendships and learn life lessons that will enrich their faith and build character for the rest of their lives."
Tickets can be purchased online from Greenfield Hill Congregational Church website.
- 1 Police: Husband Beat Up 21-Year-Old Fairfield Man Hitting On His Wife
- 2 Boy Reports Suspicious Incident With Car In Fairfield Parking Lot
- 3 Police: No Suspects In Bomb Threat Made At Seagrape, Inn At Fairfield Beach
- 4 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 5 NASA Rocket Launch May Be Visible In Fairfield