FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- Chip's Family Restaurant in Fairfield is set to host a pancake supper Monday, Jan. 27, to raise money for the Greenfield Hill Congregational Church's 2014 Appalachia Trip.
The restaurant at 525 Tunxis Hill Cut Off in Fairfield will host seatings for the $12 per person dinner at 5, 6 and 7 p.m. All proceeds benefit the mission trip, which will take place this summer.
"Since 1978, Greenfield Hill Congregational Church has sent teens and adults each summer to participate in this home repair mission to the people of Rural Appalachia, making homes warmer, safer, and drier," a press release said. "Participants spend time interacting with the family they’ve been assigned to service and forge friendships and learn life lessons that will enrich their faith and build character for the rest of their lives."
Tickets can be purchased online from Greenfield Hill Congregational Church website.
- 1 Hwang, Fawcett Clash On Same-Sex Marriage At Fairfield Debate
- 2 Power Outages Restored In Fairfield After Storm
- 3 NYC Doctor Is First Person In The Tristate Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 4 Fairfield Police Charge Norwalk Man With Trashing His Kids' Home
- 5 Fairfield Urges Residents To Be Prepared, Sign Up With CodeRED