FAIRFIELD, Conn. – Fairfield-based fundraising group Near and Far Aid announced the proceeds from its Band Together concert Thursday will go toward charities supporting recovery efforts from Hurricane Sandy.
The concert is scheduled for Thursday night at the Fairfield Theatre Company. It will feature performances by singers Veronica Martell, Ronnie Ciccia and R&B singing group Soul Tempo accompanied by Jerry Vigorito and Rob Fried of Band Together. The show also will feature Brian Dunne from Hall and Oates' band, Crispin Cioe and Larry Etkin from the Uptown Horns, keyboardist Pat Marafiote and guitarist Andy Abel.
The show had been planned for Thursday for months in advance to raise money for Near and Far Aid’s grant programs. This week, the group decided to donate all of the concert’s proceeds to “select local charities that can best serve our neighbors that were affected by Superstorm Sandy,” the group said in a press release Monday.
Tickets are $75, and are available through the Fairfield Theatre Company’s website. The price of admission includes a pre-concert party featuring cocktails provided by Tito’s and a burger bar from Station Eats. The party begins at 6:30 p.m., and the concert starts at 7:30 p.m.
- 1 Two Teenage Girls Rescued From Water After Tubing Accident Off Fairfield
- 2 Man Drowns In Creek On Bridgeport/Fairfield Border After Bar Fight
- 3 Girls Hurt In Fairfield Tubing Accident Moved To Yale-New Haven Hospital
- 4 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 5 Westport Mom Charged With Leaving Baby In Car At Whole Foods