FAIRFIELD, Conn. – Fairfield-based fundraising group Near and Far Aid announced the proceeds from its Band Together concert Thursday will go toward charities supporting recovery efforts from Hurricane Sandy.
The concert is scheduled for Thursday night at the Fairfield Theatre Company. It will feature performances by singers Veronica Martell, Ronnie Ciccia and R&B singing group Soul Tempo accompanied by Jerry Vigorito and Rob Fried of Band Together. The show also will feature Brian Dunne from Hall and Oates' band, Crispin Cioe and Larry Etkin from the Uptown Horns, keyboardist Pat Marafiote and guitarist Andy Abel.
The show had been planned for Thursday for months in advance to raise money for Near and Far Aid’s grant programs. This week, the group decided to donate all of the concert’s proceeds to “select local charities that can best serve our neighbors that were affected by Superstorm Sandy,” the group said in a press release Monday.
Tickets are $75, and are available through the Fairfield Theatre Company’s website. The price of admission includes a pre-concert party featuring cocktails provided by Tito’s and a burger bar from Station Eats. The party begins at 6:30 p.m., and the concert starts at 7:30 p.m.
- 1 Two Students From Fairfield Warde Seriously Injured In Midday Car Crash
- 2 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 3 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 4 Big Crowds Turn Out For Fairfield's Memorial Day Parade
- 5 Updated Memorial Day Forecast Brings Good News For Fairfield