FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- Tom DeLaurentis, a Fairfield resident and owner of Daybreak Doughnuts in Bridgeport, was honored at the state Capitol recently for his role in saving a 2-year-old boy and a dog from a house fire in Bridgeport in December, according to the Stamford Advocate.
DeLaurentis and other volunteers rushed into a home near his business on Dec. 12 when they heard cries for help, the Advocate said.
- 1 Police: Chief MacNamara, Baby OK After Three-Car Crash In Fairfield
- 2 Nor'easter To Impact Fairfield On Wednesday
- 3 Fairfield Police Chief MacNamara Injured After Squad Car Is Rear-Ended
- 4 Hwang, Fawcett Clash On Same-Sex Marriage At Fairfield Debate
- 5 Power Outages Restored In Fairfield After Storm