FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- Tom DeLaurentis, a Fairfield resident and owner of Daybreak Doughnuts in Bridgeport, was honored at the state Capitol recently for his role in saving a 2-year-old boy and a dog from a house fire in Bridgeport in December, according to the Stamford Advocate.
DeLaurentis and other volunteers rushed into a home near his business on Dec. 12 when they heard cries for help, the Advocate said.
- 1 Fairfield Police: Burglars Took Jewelry From Round Hill Road Home
- 2 Elderly Woman Mauled By Dog Dies At Bridgeport Hospital
- 3 Thousands Charged To Fairfield Woman's Stolen Credit Cards
- 4 Easton Man Arrested After Crashing Car In Fairfield, Fleeing On Foot
- 5 Bridgeport National Guard Member Killed By Unsafe Lane Change, Police Say