FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- State Reps. Tony Hwang (R-134th District) and Brenda Kupchick (R-132nd District) are co-hosting an informational forum called Senior Fraud and Abuse Prevention at the Fairfield Senior Center on Saturday, June 7, at 10 a.m.
The forum will include:
- An AARP presentation given by Erica Michalowski on fraud incidences and prevention
- A presentation by Laura Snow, JSS Center of Elder Awareness Prevention
- A presentation by Fairfield Police Department
- A case study presentation by seniors impacted by abuse or fraud
- A discussion of 2014 passed legislation impacting seniors
The focus of the forum is to raise awareness and inform the public in advance of the World Elder Abuse Awareness Day on June 14.
“As a strong supporter and vocal advocate of The Center for Elder Abuse Prevention, I am honored to host this informational forum," Hwang said in a statement. "The mission of the forum is to educate, inform and raise awareness in preventing elder fraud and abuse."
- 1 Fairfield Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 2 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 3 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Fairfield, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 4 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow
- 5 Bridgeport Woman Charged In Fight With Roommate In Fairfield