FAIRFIELD, Conn. – Although most Fairfield residents didn’t know about the arrest of over 60 high school students in New Jersey, they all agreed that there have been better senior pranks.
Police in New Jersey arrested 62 seniors from Teaneck High School on Thursday afternoon on charges of breaking into the school for their senior prank, reports say. The students greased doorknobs with Vaseline and urinated in the hallways, among several other actions, police said. Police responded after the students tripped a burglar alarm in the school, the report said.
“I never had a senior prank, but I’ve heard a lot about them in recent years,” Greenwich resident Tara Perlla said.
Perlla, who grew up in Fairfield, said, “I think it’s OK to have a good time, but don’t take it too far.”
Another Fairfield resident said she remembered that last year’s senior prank at Fairfield Ludlowe High School was a water balloon fight in the parking lot and said that seemed like a more acceptable prank.
“Senior pranks are fun, but this one got a little out of control,” said Jim Accomando of Fairfield. But he added that he didn’t know enough about the situation to really say if the teenagers should have been arrested.
Pam Ryan of Fairfield agreed with Accomando but said she didn’t know enough about the incident to make any comments about the arrests.
But she said, “Vaseline is not so bad. Urinating is.”
- 1 Fairfield Residents Warned To Prepare For Approaching Blizzard
- 2 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Fairfield, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 3 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 4 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow
- 5 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Fairfield; Blizzard Warning Issued