FAIRFIELD, Conn - Planned Parenthood of Southern Connecticut gave its Community Impact Award to Fairfield-based Near & Far Aid during its recent Spring Luncheon.
Near & Far Aid has been working with Planned Parenthood of Southern New England for about 20 years. The all-volunteer organization is committed to helping low-income patients access affordable, high-quality reproductive healthcare in the Bridgeport and Stamford health centers.
The Fund for Access program addresses the immediate needs of underserved clients, while at the same time laying the foundation for lasting change in the community.
These are the basic principles of Near & Far Aid’s mission – eliminating the causes and effects of poverty in Fairfield County. Near & Far Aid has a 60-year history in Fairfield County, and since 2000, it has committed over $13 million to improve the lives of men, women and children suffering the effects of poverty.
- 1 Doctor From Fairfield Pleads Guilty To Narcotics Distribution, Fraud
- 2 One Killed In Rollover On I-95 In Fairfield; Two Pulled From Wreckage
- 3 Driver Critically Injured In Collision With Tractor-Trailer In Fairfield
- 4 Brody Family Sues Metro-North After Mother's Fatal Collision With Train
- 5 Meteor Shower From Halley's Comet Tail Will Be Visible In Fairfield County