FAIRFIELD, Conn - Planned Parenthood of Southern Connecticut gave its Community Impact Award to Fairfield-based Near & Far Aid during its recent Spring Luncheon.
Near & Far Aid has been working with Planned Parenthood of Southern New England for about 20 years. The all-volunteer organization is committed to helping low-income patients access affordable, high-quality reproductive healthcare in the Bridgeport and Stamford health centers.
The Fund for Access program addresses the immediate needs of underserved clients, while at the same time laying the foundation for lasting change in the community.
These are the basic principles of Near & Far Aid’s mission – eliminating the causes and effects of poverty in Fairfield County. Near & Far Aid has a 60-year history in Fairfield County, and since 2000, it has committed over $13 million to improve the lives of men, women and children suffering the effects of poverty.
- 1 Fairfield Woman Hit By Bike In Central Park Is Reportedly Brain Dead
- 2 Fairfield Woman Hit By Bike In Central Park Dies Of Injuries
- 3 Mill Plain Road Railroad Overpass In Fairfield Closed, Hit By Truck
- 4 Western Connecticut Reopens Evacuated Buildings On Midtown Danbury Campus
- 5 Former Connecticut Gov. John Rowland Found Guilty Of Conspiracy