FAIRFIELD, Conn. — Do you count your blessings every day and feel thankful for all that you have? There are many in Fairfield and Southport who are not as fortunate as you are. On March 10, you can take the opportunity to give where you live as part of the Fairfield County Community Foundation's third annual Giving Day.
Giving Day is a 24-hour online fundraising competition that unites people around local causes for which they feel a strong connection.
Fairfield County's Community Foundation is a tax-exempt, place-based public charity created to help individuals, families and companies make a difference in Fairfield County.
How to give: On Thursday, March 10, from midnight to 11:59 p.m., CLICK HERE and donate to a local charity of your choice. The minimum donation is $10, and there is no maximum.
Following is a list of all the charities in Fairfield and Southport that are taking part in Giving Day:
- Connecticut Alliance for Music Inc.
- Connecticut Against Gun Violence Education Fund
- Fairfield County Chorale
- Fairfield Museum and History Center
- Fairfield Police Union Scholarship Fund
- Fairfield Theatre Company
- First Tee New York Inc.
- Frank Habansky Food Pantry Inc.
- Friends of the Fairfield Public Library
- Greater Bridgeport Youth Orchestras
- Horizons SHU
- Inspire Inc.
- ITNCoastalCT Inc.
- Jewish Family Service Inc.
- Jewish Home for the Elderly of Fairfield County
- Lifesavers Healing Together Inc.
- Mendelssohn Choir of Connecticut
- Mill River Wetland Committee
- North American Marine Environment Protection Association
- Operation Hope of Fairfield Inc.
- Pequot Library
- Pet Protectors
- St. Catherine Center for Special Needs
- The Pilot House
- The Pink Pom-Pom Project Inc.
- Wakeman Memorial Association
- WSHU Public Radio
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.