FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- Happy Birthday to Fairfield’s Chris Frantz!
Frantz, who has owned a home in Fairfield, turns 63 on Thursday. The musician and record producer was born May 8, 1951, in Fort Campbell, Ky.
Frantz co-formed a band called the Artistics, which evolved over time into Talking Heads. He also persuaded his then-girlfriend Tina Weymouth to join the band as bass guitarist.
Members of the Compass Point All Stars family, Frantz and Weymouth also formed the Tom Tom Club in 1980.
He and Weymouth produced the Happy Mondays' 1992 album, "Yes Please!" and the Scottish group Angelfish's self-titled album.
He and Weymouth contributed backing vocals and percussion for Damon Albarn's alternative rock virtual band, Gorillaz.
He is ranked number 12 in Stylus Magazine's list of the 50 greatest rock drummers.
He currently has a radio program on 89.5 WPKN out of Bridgeport.
- 1 Fairfield Police: Burglars Took Jewelry From Round Hill Road Home
- 2 Connecticut Report Finds Missed Opportunities To Help Sandy Hook Shooter
- 3 Easton Man Arrested After Crashing Car In Fairfield, Fleeing On Foot
- 4 Bridgeport National Guard Member Killed By Unsafe Lane Change, Police Say
- 5 Fairfield Appoints Committee To Investigate Election Day Mishaps