FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- Happy Birthday to Fairfield’s Chris Frantz!
Frantz, who has owned a home in Fairfield, turns 63 on Thursday. The musician and record producer was born May 8, 1951, in Fort Campbell, Ky.
Frantz co-formed a band called the Artistics, which evolved over time into Talking Heads. He also persuaded his then-girlfriend Tina Weymouth to join the band as bass guitarist.
Members of the Compass Point All Stars family, Frantz and Weymouth also formed the Tom Tom Club in 1980.
He and Weymouth produced the Happy Mondays' 1992 album, "Yes Please!" and the Scottish group Angelfish's self-titled album.
He and Weymouth contributed backing vocals and percussion for Damon Albarn's alternative rock virtual band, Gorillaz.
He is ranked number 12 in Stylus Magazine's list of the 50 greatest rock drummers.
He currently has a radio program on 89.5 WPKN out of Bridgeport.
- 1 Fairfield Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 2 Fairfield Mother Jailed In Case Of Missing 14-Year-Old Son From Norwalk
- 3 Bridgeport Woman Charged In Fight With Roommate In Fairfield
- 4 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Fairfield With Snow, Ice Arriving