FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- Happy Birthday To Fairfield’s Margaret Mary Emily Anne Hyra, also known as Meg Ryan!
Margaret Mary Emily Anne Hyra, who has owned a home in Fairfield, turns 52 on Tuesday. The actress and producer, was born Nov. 19, 1961, in Fairfield.
Margaret Mary Emily Anne Hyra known professionally as Meg Ryan. She stated her acting career playing several minor roles in film and television such as Rich and Famous, Amityville 3-D, As the World Turns, One of the Boys and Wildside.
Ryan became a star in 1989, when she appeared in a leading romantic comedy role in When Harry Met Sally. Over the next 15 years, she played leading roles in several romantic-comedy films, including Sleepless in Seattle (1993),French Kiss (1995), Addicted to Love (1997), City of Angels (1998), You've Got Mail (1998), and Kate & Leopold (2001).
She has received two American Comedy Award in 1989 and 1993, and many nominations like Golden Globe Award, Screen Actors Guild Award and Golden Raspberry Award.
In 2012, she featured in the documentary Half the Sky: Turning Oppression into Opportunity for Women Worldwide.
In October 2013, she announced her return to television to produce and star in a new comedy for NBC revolving around a former hotshot New York editor.
- 1 Father Of Missing Fairfield Man Fears Search 'Will Not End Well'
- 2 Fairfield Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 3 Fairfield Man, 25, Charged With Shoving, Spitting On Parents
- 4 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Fairfield
- 5 At Least 40 Residents Displaced After Fire Destroys Four Bridgeport Houses