FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- Come in from the cold and browse for books and media at the Mid-Winter Book Sale in the auditorium at Southport's Pequot Library in Fairfield.
Admission is free and all proceeds will help fund the library's programs and events. The sale takes place on Saturday, Jan. 18, and Sunday, Jan. 19, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The annual Mid-Winter Book Sale is the little sister of the library’s nationally known Summer Book Sale. The mid-winter sale is smaller but more intimate with many treasures and bargains to be had.
In addition to the fiction category, which is the highlight of the sale, book and music lovers can choose from the following:
• Hundreds of hand-picked LP records
• Vintage paperbacks
• Audio books, CDs, DVDs
• Children's books
• Biography, history, and more
• Books celebrating Town of Fairfield
• Large collection of comic books, 1970s - 1990s
• A smattering of old magazines
The library is located at 720 Pequot Ave. in Southport.
- 1 Fairfield Woman Charged With Stealing Nearly $60 Worth Of Vanilla Extract
- 2 Fairfield's Citrone Makes List Of Forbes Billionaires
- 3 Fairfield Could See Up To 6 Inches Of Snow Accumulation In New Storm
- 4 Former Fairfield University Contract Employee Charged In Campus Assault
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow In Fairfield