FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- Come in from the cold and browse for books and media at the Mid-Winter Book Sale in the auditorium at Southport's Pequot Library in Fairfield.
Admission is free and all proceeds will help fund the library's programs and events. The sale takes place on Saturday, Jan. 18, and Sunday, Jan. 19, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The annual Mid-Winter Book Sale is the little sister of the library’s nationally known Summer Book Sale. The mid-winter sale is smaller but more intimate with many treasures and bargains to be had.
In addition to the fiction category, which is the highlight of the sale, book and music lovers can choose from the following:
• Hundreds of hand-picked LP records
• Vintage paperbacks
• Audio books, CDs, DVDs
• Children's books
• Biography, history, and more
• Books celebrating Town of Fairfield
• Large collection of comic books, 1970s - 1990s
• A smattering of old magazines
The library is located at 720 Pequot Ave. in Southport.
- 1 Police Charge Fairfield Man With Interfering With Officer, DUI After Crash
- 2 Fairfield Business Falls Victim To UI Scam; Police Expecting Similar Crimes
- 3 Lower Fairfield County Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 4 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Fairfield
- 5 Keep An Eye On Your Purse; Fairfield Police Show How Easy It Is To Steal