FAIRFIELD, Conn. – Say hello to Midnight, a cat that’s about 3 years old. Midnight is the latest edition of Wednesday’s Pet, and just one of the many pets awaiting adoption at the Fairfield Animal Shelter.
Midnight was found with a purple collar by Fairfield Animal Control in a malnourished state, but she has since been nursed back to health. “She’s very gentle,” said Former Selectman Sherri Steeneck.
Steeneck started Wednesday’s Pet last year to draw attention to the many dogs and cats waiting for adoption at the Fairfield Animal Shelter. Every animal featured as Wednesday’s Pet has been adopted, but there still are many waiting for homes.
If you’re interested in taking Midnight home, you can visit her at the Fairfield Animal Shelter, 211 One Rod Highway, or call 203-254-4857. Pets who are already spayed or neutered cost just $5 to adopt. Those who are not yet fixed cost $50 but come with a voucher for the procedure.
- 1 Two Teenage Girls Rescued From Water After Tubing Accident Off Fairfield
- 2 Man Drowns In Creek On Bridgeport/Fairfield Border After Bar Fight
- 3 Girls Hurt In Fairfield Tubing Accident Moved To Yale-New Haven Hospital
- 4 Car Driven By Woman, 77, Goes Airborne After Airbags Deploy In Fairfield
- 5 Westport Mom Charged With Leaving Baby In Car At Whole Foods