FAIRFIELD, Conn. – Say hello to Midnight, a cat that’s about 3 years old. Midnight is the latest edition of Wednesday’s Pet, and just one of the many pets awaiting adoption at the Fairfield Animal Shelter.
Midnight was found with a purple collar by Fairfield Animal Control in a malnourished state, but she has since been nursed back to health. “She’s very gentle,” said Former Selectman Sherri Steeneck.
Steeneck started Wednesday’s Pet last year to draw attention to the many dogs and cats waiting for adoption at the Fairfield Animal Shelter. Every animal featured as Wednesday’s Pet has been adopted, but there still are many waiting for homes.
If you’re interested in taking Midnight home, you can visit her at the Fairfield Animal Shelter, 211 One Rod Highway, or call 203-254-4857. Pets who are already spayed or neutered cost just $5 to adopt. Those who are not yet fixed cost $50 but come with a voucher for the procedure.
- 1 Woman Struck, Killed By Metro-North Train Near South Norwalk Station
- 2 Elderly Woman Mauled By Dog Dies At Bridgeport Hospital
- 3 Fairfield Police: Burglars Took Jewelry From Round Hill Road Home
- 4 Thousands Charged To Fairfield Woman's Stolen Credit Cards
- 5 Easton Man Arrested After Crashing Car In Fairfield, Fleeing On Foot