FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- A storm Wednesday may have dumped nearly 6 inches of snow on Fairfield, but it didn't stop residents from getting out and enjoying the outdoors.
Daily Voice reader Stephen Geraghty from Fairfield headed out into the woods to photograph these stark scenes from nature after the storm. The heavy wet snow paints the landscape into a black-and-white winter wonderland.
The weather is now mostly sunny for Thursday and Friday, with high temperatures in the 20s.
Black ice could return overnight into Friday and into Saturday as temperatures plunge again in the single digits.
There is a small chance of snow returning again on Saturday and Sunday.
- 1 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 2 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teenager
- 3 'I Am A Woman,' Newtown High School Graduate Jenner Says In 20/20 Interview
- 4 Mucinex Cold, Flu Medicine Recall Announced
- 5 Snow Flurries, Hail Fall In Fairfield; Patchy Frost Likely Overnight