FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- A storm Wednesday may have dumped nearly 6 inches of snow on Fairfield, but it didn't stop residents from getting out and enjoying the outdoors.
Daily Voice reader Stephen Geraghty from Fairfield headed out into the woods to photograph these stark scenes from nature after the storm. The heavy wet snow paints the landscape into a black-and-white winter wonderland.
The weather is now mostly sunny for Thursday and Friday, with high temperatures in the 20s.
Black ice could return overnight into Friday and into Saturday as temperatures plunge again in the single digits.
There is a small chance of snow returning again on Saturday and Sunday.
- 1 Two Teenage Girls Rescued From Water After Tubing Accident Off Fairfield
- 2 Man Drowns In Creek On Bridgeport/Fairfield Border After Bar Fight
- 3 Girls Hurt In Fairfield Tubing Accident Moved To Yale-New Haven Hospital
- 4 Westport Mom Charged With Leaving Baby In Car At Whole Foods
- 5 Car Driven By Woman, 77, Goes Airborne After Airbags Deploy In Fairfield