WESTPORT, Conn. -- Play With Your Food is coming back to Westport and Fairfield.
Play With Your Food season begins Tuesday, Jan. 7, at Toquet Hall in Westport and on Jan. 14 at Fairfield Theatre Company.
Play With Your Food combines a buffet lunch with professional actors reading one-act plays and then participating in a post-show discussion.
“With the cold weather upon us, it’s time for us to warm your hearts with entertaining and provocative theater," JIB Productions’ Artistic Director Carole Schweid said. "We’re eager to share our 12th season of short play readings at lunchtime. Our goal in programming is always to present well-written, engaging plays that, while pleasurable, somehow also manage to deliver a punch. I’m really pleased with the 2014 lineup.”
The January shows include "Package Deal" by comedy writer Frederick Stroppel, "Finding Mona Lisa" by Florida playwright Michael McKeever and an excerpt of Pulitzer Prize and Tony Award winner Neil Simon’s "Last of the Red Hot Lovers."
In 2014, performances at Toquet Hall in Westport are set for Jan. 7 to 9, Feb. 4 to 6, March 4 to 6 and April 1 to 3. At Fairfield Theatre Company, productions will be held Jan. 14, Feb. 11, March 11 and April 8.
Tickets for Play With Your Food are $43 per show and include lunch. To purchase tickets and see complete schedule, residents are asked to visit the Play With Your Food webpage or call the box office at 203-293-8831.
- 1 Connecticut Report Cites Missed Opportunities To Help Sandy Hook Shooter
- 2 Police Track Down Suspect After Southport Residents Interrupt Home Burglary
- 3 Fairfield Appoints Committee To Investigate Election Day Mishaps
- 4 Fairfield Man Sentenced 18 Months In Prison For Tax Evasion
- 5 Fairfield Police Charge Bridgeport Man With Stealing From Grandparents