FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Fairfield this week:
- A 14-year-old boy was charged with assault after an argument with his mother about putting away groceries escalated into a physical fight in their home on Shady Hill Road.
- A 31-year-old Fairfield woman was charged with assault in two attacks on her sister over a boyfriend that sent the sister to the hospital with multiple injuries.
- A traffic stop made after a Fairfield resident reported an erratic car ended with the arrest of the driver on multiple charges, including assault on an officer and threatening.
- While investigating a harassment complaint, Fairfield police arrested a Norwalk man on a violation of probation warrant.
- Dwight Elementary School in Fairfield has been named a "School of Distinction" by the Connecticut Department of Education.
- Fairfield Selectman Cristin McCarthy Vahey won the endorsement of the Fairfield Democratic Town Committee to run for state representative in Fairfield’s 133rd District.
- Outgoing Senate Minority Leader John McKinney was honored at the State Capitol on the final day of the 2014 Connecticut General Assembly’s legislative session for his years in the legislature.
- 1 Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Train At Fairfield Station
- 2 Fairfield's Maisel Family Holds Memorial Service For Missing Son, Max
- 3 Car Rollover On I-95 In Fairfield Requires Complicated Extractions
- 4 Injured Driver Pulled From Early Morning Wreck In Fairfield
- 5 Police: Fairfield Man Charged With Assaulting Mother's Boyfriend, 66