FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Fairfield this week:
- Jacob Ball, 18, and Carly Iwanicki, 20 from Newtown were arrested after fighting while parked in the Veterans Park parking lot after a day at the beach, police said.
- Beth Davis of Fairfield, a tutor at Mercy Learning Center, died at age of 57.
- Fairfield officers made arrests in two thefts and investigated a third at the Stop & Shop on Villa Avenue.
- A Walgreens pharmacy currently located at 1870 Post Road in Westport plans to move to a new location in Fairfield at 3553 Post Road.
- Fairfield firefighters extinguished a large outdoor blaze in an alleyway near two gyms on Black Rock Turnpike outside the Tumble Gym.
- The Discovery Museum and Planetarium on the Fairfield and Bridgeport border will be sending a microsatellite only slightly bigger than a milk carton into space on a NASA-launched rocket.
The American Red Cross awarded Operation Hope and the Fairfield Long Term Recovery Committee with a $150,000 grant to fund Superstorm Sandy relief efforts in Fairfield.
- 1 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 2 Man Found Dead In Car In Grocery Store Parking Lot In Fairfield
- 3 Fairfield Gas Station Robbed At Gunpoint; Police Seek Help ID'ing Suspect
- 4 Police Investigate Possible Armed Robbery At Fairfield Ice Cream Shop
- 5 Thunderstorms Could Produce Gusty Winds, Hail In Fairfield