FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Fairfield last week:
- A house sitter, Kenneth Mathews, 29, of Ellsworth St., Bridgeport was arrested on warrant on charges and accused of stealing about $30,000 in clothing and jewelry while the residents were away on vacation.
- The 21-year-old man, Brian McClellan, who was found on fire while attempting to ride on top of a Metro-North train in Greenwich died as a result of his injuries.
- Seven people accused of being involved in a major tristate burglary ring were arrested in Fairfield.
- Fairfield officials, firefighters and police were all on hand to celebrate the men and women who have served in the armed forces in a ceremony held at the Wall of Honor war memorial on Old Post Road.
- The H.W. Wilson Foundation has given $100,000 to Sacred Heart University in Fairfield to establish an endowed scholarship in memory of Kaitlyn Doorhy, who was struck and killed by a car crossing a street in Bridgeport on her way to campus.
- Fairfield police arrested three Bridgeport women who attempted to stroll out of the local Marshalls with $339 in merchandise hidden in their children's strollers.
- Fairfield man Brett Saltus, 53, of Karen Street, stopped with expired plates arrested on multiple charges .
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.