FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Fairfield this week:
- Fairfield officers investigated an assault, broke up a loud party and helped get a barely conscious woman to the hospital.
- The fifth major storm of 2014 left most of Fairfield County looking like a ghost town Thursday, covering the area with nearly a foot of snow and ice.
- The winter has been so bad, Gov. Malloy has declared a state of emergency to replenish dwindling salt supplies.
- A Fairfield man was arrested after throwing items at his girlfriend and threatening to harm himself with a kitchen knife.
- A 15-year-old girl was charged with marijuana possession at Fairfield Warde High School.
- Metro-North employee Manny Ramos, faces sexual assault charges after allegedly masturbating in front of a passenger on a train near Fairfield.
- Two former employees, Hector Vazquez, 41 of Bridgeport and Stephen Chizmadia, 55 of Shelton were charged with stealing more than $10,000 in cash from Carquest Auto Parts after an internal company investigation uncovered a fraudulent return scam.
- 1 Family Asks For Help In Finding Missing College Student, 21, From Fairfield
- 2 Police: Fairfield Woman Who Crashed Car Into Garage Was Drunk
- 3 Police Search Icy Lake Ontario For Missing Student, 21, From Fairfield
- 4 United Illuminating, Fairfield's Power Supplier, Sold To Spanish Firm
- 5 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks