FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Fairfield this week:
- Fairfield officers investigated an assault, broke up a loud party and helped get a barely conscious woman to the hospital.
- The fifth major storm of 2014 left most of Fairfield County looking like a ghost town Thursday, covering the area with nearly a foot of snow and ice.
- The winter has been so bad, Gov. Malloy has declared a state of emergency to replenish dwindling salt supplies.
- A Fairfield man was arrested after throwing items at his girlfriend and threatening to harm himself with a kitchen knife.
- A 15-year-old girl was charged with marijuana possession at Fairfield Warde High School.
- Metro-North employee Manny Ramos, faces sexual assault charges after allegedly masturbating in front of a passenger on a train near Fairfield.
- Two former employees, Hector Vazquez, 41 of Bridgeport and Stephen Chizmadia, 55 of Shelton were charged with stealing more than $10,000 in cash from Carquest Auto Parts after an internal company investigation uncovered a fraudulent return scam.
- 1 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 2 Gas Line Ruptured, Homes Evacuated On Fairfield Beach Road
- 3 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 4 Fairfield Liquor Store Robbed At Gunpoint For Second Time In A Month
- 5 9 Billionaires In Connecticut Make The Cut For Forbes 400