FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Fairfield this week:
- Fairfield officers investigated an assault, broke up a loud party and helped get a barely conscious woman to the hospital.
- The fifth major storm of 2014 left most of Fairfield County looking like a ghost town Thursday, covering the area with nearly a foot of snow and ice.
- The winter has been so bad, Gov. Malloy has declared a state of emergency to replenish dwindling salt supplies.
- A Fairfield man was arrested after throwing items at his girlfriend and threatening to harm himself with a kitchen knife.
- A 15-year-old girl was charged with marijuana possession at Fairfield Warde High School.
- Metro-North employee Manny Ramos, faces sexual assault charges after allegedly masturbating in front of a passenger on a train near Fairfield.
- Two former employees, Hector Vazquez, 41 of Bridgeport and Stephen Chizmadia, 55 of Shelton were charged with stealing more than $10,000 in cash from Carquest Auto Parts after an internal company investigation uncovered a fraudulent return scam.
- 1 Police Charge Fairfield Man With Interfering With Officer, DUI After Crash
- 2 Fairfield Business Falls Victim To UI Scam; Police Expecting Similar Crimes
- 3 Lower Fairfield County Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 4 Fairfield Couple Opens Up New Cheese Shop In Greenwich
- 5 Keep An Eye On Your Purse; Fairfield Police Show How Easy It Is To Steal