FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- A kayaker who was pulled from the icy waters of Southport Harbor on Wednesday was reported in stable condition at Bridgeport Hospital, according to the Fairfield Citizen Online.
William Sapone, 59, of Hulls Farm Road was unresponsive when pulled from the water but was revived on the dock at Ye Yacht Yard, the Fairfield Citizen reported. Sapone was suffering from hypothermia after falling into the frigid water at the mouth of the harbor, the report said.
A passerby spotted the capsized kayak and a Pequot Yacht Club employee pulled Sapone from the water to rescue him, the Fairfield Citizen reported.
Read the full story of his rescue here at the Fairfield Citizen Online.
- 1 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Fairfield
- 2 Keep An Eye On Your Purse; Fairfield Police Show How Easy It Is To Steal
- 3 Rollover Accident Cleared From Merritt Parkway Near Fairfield
- 4 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 5 Fairfield Man Arrested On DUI, Narcotics Charges After Running Red Light