FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- A kayaker who was pulled from the icy waters of Southport Harbor on Wednesday was reported in stable condition at Bridgeport Hospital, according to the Fairfield Citizen Online.
William Sapone, 59, of Hulls Farm Road was unresponsive when pulled from the water but was revived on the dock at Ye Yacht Yard, the Fairfield Citizen reported. Sapone was suffering from hypothermia after falling into the frigid water at the mouth of the harbor, the report said.
A passerby spotted the capsized kayak and a Pequot Yacht Club employee pulled Sapone from the water to rescue him, the Fairfield Citizen reported.
Read the full story of his rescue here at the Fairfield Citizen Online.
- 1 Fairfield Police: Burglars Took Jewelry From Round Hill Road Home
- 2 Connecticut Report Finds Missed Opportunities To Help Sandy Hook Shooter
- 3 Easton Man Arrested After Crashing Car In Fairfield, Fleeing On Foot
- 4 Police Track Down Suspect After Southport Residents Interrupt Home Burglary
- 5 Bridgeport National Guard Member Killed By Unsafe Lane Change, Police Say