FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- A kayaker who was pulled from the icy waters of Southport Harbor on Wednesday was reported in stable condition at Bridgeport Hospital, according to the Fairfield Citizen Online.
William Sapone, 59, of Hulls Farm Road was unresponsive when pulled from the water but was revived on the dock at Ye Yacht Yard, the Fairfield Citizen reported. Sapone was suffering from hypothermia after falling into the frigid water at the mouth of the harbor, the report said.
A passerby spotted the capsized kayak and a Pequot Yacht Club employee pulled Sapone from the water to rescue him, the Fairfield Citizen reported.
Read the full story of his rescue here at the Fairfield Citizen Online.
- 1 Death Of Fairfield Man Found On Island Off Westport Ruled Suicide
- 2 Search Of Long Island Sound Begins For Missing Boater From Fairfield
- 3 Missing Fairfield Boater Found Dead On Westport Island
- 4 Police: Ring's End Employee From Fairfield Charged $4,000 To Company Card
- 5 Norwalk Man Pleads Guilty To Vehicular Homicide In I-95 Crash