FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- A kayaker who was pulled from the icy waters of Southport Harbor on Wednesday was reported in stable condition at Bridgeport Hospital, according to the Fairfield Citizen Online.
William Sapone, 59, of Hulls Farm Road was unresponsive when pulled from the water but was revived on the dock at Ye Yacht Yard, the Fairfield Citizen reported. Sapone was suffering from hypothermia after falling into the frigid water at the mouth of the harbor, the report said.
A passerby spotted the capsized kayak and a Pequot Yacht Club employee pulled Sapone from the water to rescue him, the Fairfield Citizen reported.
Read the full story of his rescue here at the Fairfield Citizen Online.
- 1 Hwang, Fawcett Clash On Same-Sex Marriage At Fairfield Debate
- 2 NYC Doctor Is First Person In The Tristate Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 3 Fairfield Police Charge 70-Year-Old Woman With Assaulting Son-In-Law
- 4 Power Outages Restored In Fairfield After Storm
- 5 Fairfield Police Charge Norwalk Man With Trashing His Kids' Home