FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- A kayaker who was pulled from the icy waters of Southport Harbor on Wednesday was reported in stable condition at Bridgeport Hospital, according to the Fairfield Citizen Online.
William Sapone, 59, of Hulls Farm Road was unresponsive when pulled from the water but was revived on the dock at Ye Yacht Yard, the Fairfield Citizen reported. Sapone was suffering from hypothermia after falling into the frigid water at the mouth of the harbor, the report said.
A passerby spotted the capsized kayak and a Pequot Yacht Club employee pulled Sapone from the water to rescue him, the Fairfield Citizen reported.
Read the full story of his rescue here at the Fairfield Citizen Online.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 2 Former Fairfield University Basketball Player ID'd In Fatal Shooting
- 3 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 4 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 5 Fairfield Could See New Round Of Thunderstorms