FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- A couple from Derby filed a law suit against Metro-North Railroad for $10 million on Friday as a result of the derailment near Fairfield last year, according to the New Haven Register.
Lina Pacelli and her husband, Francesco Pacelli, are suing the commuter rail after Lina Pacelli suffered a compression fracture during the derailment and required surgery, the New Haven Register reported.
The Pacellis' attorney also said she suffers from post-traumatic stress because of the derailment and is now fearful of traveling by rail, the New Haven Register said.
- 1 Two Students From Fairfield Warde Seriously Injured In Midday Car Crash
- 2 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 3 Judge Orders Sex Assault Trial For Ex-Fairfield Teacher
- 4 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 5 Severe Thunderstorm Watch In Effect For Fairfield County