FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- A couple from Derby filed a law suit against Metro-North Railroad for $10 million on Friday as a result of the derailment near Fairfield last year, according to the New Haven Register.
Lina Pacelli and her husband, Francesco Pacelli, are suing the commuter rail after Lina Pacelli suffered a compression fracture during the derailment and required surgery, the New Haven Register reported.
The Pacellis' attorney also said she suffers from post-traumatic stress because of the derailment and is now fearful of traveling by rail, the New Haven Register said.
- 1 Fairfield Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 2 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 3 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Fairfield, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 4 Fairfield Mother Jailed In Case Of Missing 14-Year-Old Son From Norwalk
- 5 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow