FAIRFIELD, Conn. – A pair of coyotes attacked a dog outside a Fairfield home late Monday night, according to Animal Control reports.
A Galloping Hill Road resident told police that he let his rat terrier into his backyard at about 9:30 p.m. The yard was dark, and after hearing a struggle the owner ran out and saw two coyotes attacking the dog. He said the coyotes ran away as he approached.
The dog suffered a puncture wound on his neck, and was taken to a veterinarian for treatment. It is expected to survive.
Animal Control officials advise residents to turn on lights and make noise when letting small animals out at night to ward off coyotes. They also suggest not leaving small pets outside unattended. For more information on preventing coyote attacks, visit the Fairfield Animal control website.
- 1 Fairfield Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 2 Fairfield Mother Jailed In Case Of Missing 14-Year-Old Son From Norwalk
- 3 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 4 Bridgeport Woman Charged In Fight With Roommate In Fairfield
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Fairfield With Snow, Ice Arriving