FAIRFIELD, Conn. – A pair of coyotes attacked a dog outside a Fairfield home late Monday night, according to Animal Control reports.
A Galloping Hill Road resident told police that he let his rat terrier into his backyard at about 9:30 p.m. The yard was dark, and after hearing a struggle the owner ran out and saw two coyotes attacking the dog. He said the coyotes ran away as he approached.
The dog suffered a puncture wound on his neck, and was taken to a veterinarian for treatment. It is expected to survive.
Animal Control officials advise residents to turn on lights and make noise when letting small animals out at night to ward off coyotes. They also suggest not leaving small pets outside unattended. For more information on preventing coyote attacks, visit the Fairfield Animal control website.
- 1 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Fairfield
- 2 Keep An Eye On Your Purse; Fairfield Police Show How Easy It Is To Steal
- 3 3 Men Plead Guilty To Kidnapping, Jewelry Store Robbery In Fairfield
- 4 Rollover Accident Cleared From Merritt Parkway Near Fairfield
- 5 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport