FAIRFIELD, Conn. – A pair of coyotes attacked a dog outside a Fairfield home late Monday night, according to Animal Control reports.
A Galloping Hill Road resident told police that he let his rat terrier into his backyard at about 9:30 p.m. The yard was dark, and after hearing a struggle the owner ran out and saw two coyotes attacking the dog. He said the coyotes ran away as he approached.
The dog suffered a puncture wound on his neck, and was taken to a veterinarian for treatment. It is expected to survive.
Animal Control officials advise residents to turn on lights and make noise when letting small animals out at night to ward off coyotes. They also suggest not leaving small pets outside unattended. For more information on preventing coyote attacks, visit the Fairfield Animal control website.
- 1 Police: Husband Beat Up 21-Year-Old Fairfield Man Hitting On His Wife
- 2 Boy Reports Suspicious Incident With Car In Fairfield Parking Lot
- 3 Woman Killed By Amtrak Train In Milford
- 4 Police: No Suspects In Bomb Threat Made At Seagrape, Inn At Fairfield Beach
- 5 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire